Excitement is mounting here at the Domino Foundation as the countdown has begun for this year’s Mandela Day 2017!
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” – Nelson Mandela
We have put together an action-packed Challenge for you and your team to celebrate Mandela Day by serving your local community for 67 minutes on Tuesday 18 July.
Each hour, a team of 10 will tackle the 670m course, and will move through Action Stations where each member will be required to complete set challenges which ultimately support the programmes of The Domino Foundation. The teams will have 60 minutes to complete the course and participate in activities such as sandwich-making for our feeding programme, preparation of playdough for crèches, jewellery-making to support our anti-human trafficking programme as well as making resources for pupils in the Early Childhood Development centres and pre-primary schools we work in.
There are a number of opportunities for individuals and corporates to get involved in the day’s events:
- Enter a team of 10 to tackle this year’s Mandela Day Challenge and serve your local community. It will cost R1670 per team of 10 (R167 per person) and R167 if you are coming on your own.
- Corporates wanting to get involved further and show their support this Mandela Day can sponsor and brand one of the Action Stations en route where teams will complete the set task.
- If you cannot participate on the day but would still like to be involved, you can purchase items from our ‘Wish Lists’ and drop them off in our Donation Station, watch teams tackle the course and enjoy some refreshments on the day!
See our wish list items below.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Take Action. Inspire Change. And help make everyday a Mandela Day!
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Book your time slot by contacting Rowan via email email@example.com or calling 031 563 9605 (Rowan or June).
- If you would like to sponsor and brand an action station at this year’s event, please contact Tarin by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 031 563 9605.
- Get your team together
- Gather items for the Donation Station and join us on Tuesday 18 July for this year’s International Mandela Day!
|GROCERIES||TOILETRIES||ITEMS for BABIES||CLEANING MATERIALS||SPORTS EQUIPMENT|