“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” – James 1:27
Our vision is to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment for abandoned babies and toddlers before their being adopted into a loving family unit.
While the children are in our homes, we ensure that they have 24 hour care in a holistically safe environment which caters to their physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual needs. Our desire is to provide as stable a home-life for these little people as we can so that their transition into their adoptive families is as easy as possible. To ensure that the children have a sound start in their young lives, we:
- liaise with Durban Child Welfare to provide 24 hour-a-day care for all children entrusted to us
- facilitate contact between children and potential adoptive parents
- work with medical and healthcare professionals
- facilitate, co-operate and network with other babies’ homes to implement ‘best practices’
- challenge legislation and processes to safeguard justice for abandoned babies
- engage with volunteers, financial and non-financial donors and other stakeholders
- monitor and evaluate activities to ensure we remain relevant and effective in our vision.
The two Domino Foundation Babies’ Homes operate in Adelaide Tambo Drive, Durban North in KwaZulu Natal. The children come from the province and surrounding areas and are placed in our care by Durban Child Welfare. The homes between them have legal capacity for twelve children and operate on a 24 hour seven days a week basis.
Opportunities for Involement
The Domino Babies homes are dependent on both corporate and individual financial donors, on non-financial donors and on volunteers.