Zanele Nzimakwe is the Team Leader for this Enterprise and Educational programme. Our partnership is with ECD Owners who are our beneficiaries, to enable them to stimulate and enhance child learning holistically, by equipping them with essential business skills that will assist them to run their school as a small business that is effective.
Progress in the first quarter of 2020 was follows:
- The ECD Field Workers started with site visits in Blackburn and the Domino Babies Home
- Field workers are busy working on developing a Practitioner Guide (how to improve their teaching and awareness skills of the needs of their pupils)
- Provided age appropriate learning materials to our partnering ECD centres who are:
Other activities included:
- Quarterly Assessments were started but not completed prior to COVID-19 Lockdown
- Staff did a reflection session to assess the impact of those ECD’s who have partnered with Domino vs those who have not. This was a great encouragement to the team
- Team continue to implement the ECD 150 Tool
“Ithuba is running their ECD centre effectively and their DSD funding proposal is in progress” said Zanele. This it is anticipated will have a greater impact on their long term independence and business sustainability.