What’s the 4-1-1 on the RELIEF AID HAMPER Challenge:
The Domino Foundation works with a number of families and households that live below the poverty line of R534 per month. On top of this abject poverty, often these families are further impoverished due to crisis and disasters beyond their control (Flooding, shack fires, death of a breadwinner etc.). Domino works with these families to ensure long-term support and opportunities for education are realised, allowing a family to break the cycle of poverty. But during this process, immediate and crisis relief aid is necessary while the long-term strategy is outworked.
Run collection drives, encourage your suppliers and partners to give and gather as many items from our RELIEF AID HAMPERS as possible so you and your team can sort and pack much needed Relief Aid hampers at your office on Mandela Day.
As this challenge will take place at your offices, you can choose when the best moment will be to set aside 67 minutes for your team to collectively sort, pack and deliver relief aid hampers to Domino before 2pm.
Purchase your RELIEF AID STARTER PACK for R670.00 (Includes Instruction card, 5 buckets, Item list and other required items to complete the challenge!).
- Assign 1 staff member to co-ordinate the Mandela Day drive.
- Send emails to suppliers, partners, clients and staff to encourage support.
- Designate a drop-off point in the office, visible to customers, where individuals can place donated items.
- Set aside an area on Mandela Day for the team to sort and pack hampers.
- Co-ordinator takes photos and videos of the team packing, uses the supplied Instagram frame and posts images on companies Social Media platforms.
- Co-ordinator arranges for packed hampers to be delivered and drop off at The Domino Foundation Babies Home by 2pm on Thursday 18 July.
- Assign 1 staff member to co-ordinate the Mandela Day drive
- Collect money for all the corresponding items you are needing
to purchase to fill your number of hampers. (ie. 5 x each item etc.)
- Co-Ordinator purchases items in preparation for Mandela Day.
- Follow steps 4 – 6 above.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
– Confirm your participation by contacting Lisa via email
email@example.com or calling 031 563 9605. You will be sent a
confirmation letter with further instructions and necessary details.
– Start spreading the word and gathering the necessary items
you need to fill your hampers! The more items the more
Relief Aid hampers you can fill!
If you have any questions, please contact
Lisa Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org).