“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter – when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?” – Isaiah 58:6-7
The National Development Plan aims to eliminate poverty and reduce inequality by 2030.
South Africa can realise these goals by drawing on the energies of its people, growing an inclusive economy, building capabilities, enhancing the capacity of the state, and promoting leadership and partnerships throughout society.
WHAT ARE THE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT GOALS?
- Quality basic education
- A long and healthy life for all
- All people in South Africa are and feel safe
- Decent employment through inclusive economic growth
- Skilled and capable workforce to support an inclusive growth path
- Efficient, competitive & responsive economic infrastructure network
- Vibrant, equitable, sustainable rural communities contributing to food security for all
- Sustainable human settlements and improved quality of household life
- Responsive, accountable, effective and efficient local government system
- Protect and enhance our environmental assets and natural resources create a better South Africa, a better Africa and a better world
- An efficient, effective and development oriented public service
- Social protection
- Nation building and social cohesion
WHICH NDP GOALS DO THE DOMINO FOUNDATION PROGRAMMES ALIGN WITH?
The National Development Plan (NDP) positions education, training and innovation as central to the overall NDP goals. These areas contribute to productivity which enhances economic growth. While not a solution to all problems, education, training and innovation are needed to solve challenges, to develop competitively, and to eliminate poverty and reduce inequality.
According to the National Development Plan (NDP), South Africa should promote a healthy lifestyle incorporating a healthy diet and physical activity. It advocates a culture of wellness that is part of home, work, communities, and schools. This would include elements such as compulsory physical education in schools, and communities with facilities for exercise and sports. Health and wellness are seen as “critical to preventing and managing lifestyle diseases” like heart disease, high blood cholesterol, and diabetes.
Social protection’ can be understood as a set of interventions aimed at reducing social and economic risk and vulnerability. Within in the National Development Plan (NDP), social protection is seen in the context of the overarching NDP goals: to eradicate poverty and reduce inequality.
WHY IS THIS RELEVANT TO YOUR BUSINESS?
We believe in building mutually beneficial relationships with our partners working towards community centric goals and values. By partnering with and supporting The Domino Foundation you leverage a 16 year history of consistent and significant transformation development termed the #DominoEffect of changing a life, changing a community, changing a nation.
- CSI/CSR and Community Development Alignment: Supporting any of the aforementioned programmes allows your organisation to outwork their desire to impact effective social change within our country through Social Justice, Education and Nutrition.
- B-BBEE Compliance and Tax Benefits: Investing in these allows your organisation to take advantage of the additional B-BBEE contribution points through the Socio-Economic Development (SED) Enterprise Development (ED) and Skills Development elements. We can provide relevant Certification, Affidavits, Section 18A’s and Impact Reports as necessary.