2016 has started off with great success, thanks to new Project Manager Cathy Whittle. Cathy comes from the cooking industry and has the heaps of experience needed to steer the many Domino feeding projects in the right direction. In case you’ve forgotten, that’s our Sandwich Kitchen, Soup Kitchen and Relief Kitchen. Past Project Manager, Brenda Scheepers has moved onto an exciting venture with Domino Business, which you can read more about here.
- The Feeding Project has expanded its footprint to provide even more sandwiches to Amaoti learners. Since the beginning of the year Charles Hugo School in Sydenham has been added to the programme with 120 sandwiches being provided to orphan and vulnerable children every week. Although this is a fee-paying school some families cannot afford to pay for lunch everyday, so Domino has stepped in to fill this gap, and their tummies. Our project ensures that the most vulnerable children receive sandwiches and that these meals are given to the children discreetly without causing any embarrassment.
- The Feeding Project is also excited to move into a new area, Amazimtoti, down the South Coast, feeding extra learners from three schools, Toti High, Doonside and Umbogintwini, every week. Although it may seem small when there are so many learners who to go to school without lunch every day, it adds up! Operating from the Kingsway Church International the Toti Sandwich Kitchen is on the lookout for enthusiastic volunteers and food donations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Do you have a heart for feeding the vulnerable? The Sandwich Kitchen always needs more volunteers and donations of mayonnaise, eggs and peanut butter – so if you can help in any way- let us know! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Our Soup Kitchen in Brookdale continues to prepare and cook nutritious soup meals that are delivered to 32 creches in and around Amaoti. That means hundreds of learners have a healthy meal every school day.
- The Relief Kitchen is needing tinned foods and non-perishables to add to their relief hampers. If you can help contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.