There’s so many ways to show your support for the Domino Foundation in this year’s aQuelle Tour Durban on Sunday the 24th of April – with awe inspiring routes, awesome weather and the opportunity to exercise or have fun on the sidelines – how could you not want to be part of Durban’s premier cycling race!
For the past 4 years The Domino Foundation has been the beneficiary of the cycling race, gratefully receiving donations from the the Tour Durban to help us continue our many programmes. If you’re in Durban on the 24 April 2016 make sure you get down to the start line to experience the energy-filled day that is aQuelle Tour Durban.
Here’s how YOU can get involved!
1. The aQuelle Tour Durban is the perfect cycle race for avid cyclists and newbies – so grab your bicycle or borrow a friends and register online now! There are two road races (105KM road race & the 45KM fun ride) with a 55KM cyclo-cross MTB bike track. With full road closures and fantastic views, there’s no good reason not to cycle. For quick online registration, log onto www.tourdurban.co.za. You can also purchase Domino cycling gear online here: cycling shirts are R380 and pants are R480.
2. If you’d prefer to enjoy the day on the sidelines why not volunteer? The Domino Foundation manages the largest water table on race day and needs enthusiastic hands to help hand out water to thirsty cyclists. Situated on the M4 near Grace Family Church you an choose from one of 2 shifts available: Shift 1: 06h30 – 10h00 | Shift 2: 09h30 – 13h00. This is also a great way to accumulate Community Service hours – email Jess King if you are able to assist us: email@example.com
3. If you are unavailable on Race Day (Sunday 24 Apr), but still want to volunteer, we would love to have you help us at registration!Registration takes place at Suncoast Casino on the Friday and Saturday before the race. Again, we have two shifts per day for the morning and afternoon. Friday 24 Apr = Shift 1: 09h15 – 13h30 & Shift 2: 13h00 – 18h00 Saturday 25 Apr = Shift 1: 09h15 – 13h30 & Shift 2: 13h00 – 17h00. Please email Jess King if you are available to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
4.We have also created an exciting corporate package to tackle the 45KM fun ride! This is an awesome opportunity for a quick, fun team build with staff, while giving back to the community.Email Shaun Tait for details: email@example.com
Our package covers;
– 45KM fun-ride entry
– Domino branded team shirt per member
– Certificate of recognition & appreciation
– After race treats at the Domino gazebo in the People’s Park